Applicable Working Conditions of Butterfly Valves
The disc or butterfly plate of butterfly valves rotates shaft roundly to open or close. Butterfly valves are mainly used for cutting-off or throttling in pipes. Butterfly valves are suitable for pipelines of engineering systems to transmit corrosive or non-corrosive fluid media, including coal gas, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, etc.
Applicable working conditions of butterfly valves:
Butterfly valves are appropriate for flow regulation. Because butterfly valves have large pressure loss in pipelines, which is about three times of gate valves. So impact of pressure loss in pipelines should be taken into full consideration when choosing butterfly valves. When the valves are off, incorruptibility of disc enduring pressure of media should also be focused. What's more, working temperature limitation of elastic seat materials under high temperature should be also thought about.
Butterfly valves have low face-to-face dimension and overall height, high on-off velocity, good flow control characteristics. Structural principles of butterfly valves are the most suitable for being made into large dimension valves. When butterfly valves are required to control flow, what is the most important is that choose right dimensions and types of butterfly valves so that the valves can operate properly and effectively.
When used to throttle or regulate mud, the valves should have short face-to-face dimension, high on-off velocity and low differential pressure. Butterfly valves are recommended.
Soft seal eccentric butterfly valves are applicable for two-way on-off and regulation in ventilation and dedusting pipelines which have been widely applied in engineering systems, including metallurgy, light industry, power and petrochemical industry.
Owing to being limited by structure and materials, butterfly valves are not suitable for high temperature or pressure pipeline system. In general, the working temperature is lower than 300℃ and nominal pressure below PN40.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valve, mainly...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...
- Comparisons of Pneumatic Ball Valves and Electric Ball Valves
- (1) Pneumatic ball valves The pneumatic ball valve consists of the ball valve and the pneumatic actuator. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with accessories including the magnetic valve, ai...