Differences between Forging and Casting Valves
Forging is a kind of process that using metal forming machinery presses to metal billet, making it deform plastically to acquire mechanical properties, shape and size.
Forging is a common forming process widely utilized in machinery. Forging can eliminate cast loose and welding holes inside metal. The mechanical properties of forging are more excellent than castings.
Based on temperature, forging can be classified into cold forging and hot forging. Generally, cold forging is in progress under room temperature. Hot forging is conducted under temperature which is higher than recrystallization temperature of metal. The forging whose temperature is lower than recrystallization is called as warm forging.
Casting is a kind of injection molding, injecting molten liquid metal into prepared mould. It forms castings after cooling. Based on technique, casting can be classified into sand casting, pressure casting, investment casting, shell mold casting, cavityless casting, low pressure casting, gravity casting, etc.
Castings of valve mean the components are cast, including body, bonnet and hand wheel. Casting is used to manufacture components having large sizes for coast savings. However, forging is used to manufacturer small sizes valves.
Valves contain body, bonnet, stem, disc. Stem adopts forging. Forging can be replaced by rolled bar. Rolled bar can be also acceptable under low pressure. Disc, body and bonnet can be made of bar directly. Components having large sizes adopt casting. Casting materials can be classified into carbon steel, alloy steel and stainless steel. Carbon steel: WCA, WCB, WCC; Alloy steel: WC6, WC9; Stainless steel: CF8, CF8M, CF3, CF3M.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- The definition, characteristics and classification of butterfly valves
- The definition, characteristics and classification of butterfly valves A butterfly valve is a rotary valve which is open or closed by rotating a disk-shaped, circular or rectangular closure member fo...
- Xinhai is going to participate in the Valve World Conference & Expo 2018
- Xinhai Valve is going to participate in the 11th Valve World Conference 2018 in Germany, and our booth number is 3D01. You are very welcome to come and negotiate valve business with us. Exhibition in...
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valves, mainl...