How a Gate Valve Functions
As we know, gate valve is widely used to control the flow of liquid from straight line medium in many places. The instance ones would be in irrigation, also apply for various chemical plants to manage the path of different types of fluids.
On the basis of detailed designs, Gate valve can be divided into several types. The solid wedge valve and flexible wedge are the most popular valves. There are many kinds of bendable wedge valve, which use double disc parts that are bendable. Parallel side valve is a prevailing flexible wedge valve, having been Widespread utilized. These valves are highly applied in stem systems, due to its resistance of contraction and expansion in unpredictable climate conditions.
The typicality of gave valve is open or close the flow. The force inside the pipes dropped to the lowest level, when the valves are open. Such valve types normally function as valves for preliminary use in any pipe operation. On the other side, valves can not control the liquid movement in a direct style. It can just function to completely close or completely open the movement in the pipes.
Pulsations and long-lasting pipe damage would be caused when the gate valve is not completely opened. Fluid friction will impair the seating portion of valves if halfway opened happened. For these valves, particular design is aimed to block off the flow completely or allowed the liquid movement completely.
Nowadays, the rising stem valve and non-rising stem valve have become two commonly used ones. The rising stem valve can be recognized by its string shaft, which is turned by a handle located in the middle. Revolve the handlebar; the shaft will be raised up. At the same time, the valve is released. Conversely, it descends, when shut up the valve. So, it is easier to know about the length placement above of valve shaft.
With regard to another one of stem valve, non-rising stem valve, it is applied in some constraint space. It widely functions in pipes below the ground. They also have inexpensive prices.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valve, mainly...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...
- Comparisons of Pneumatic Ball Valves and Electric Ball Valves
- (1) Pneumatic ball valves The pneumatic ball valve consists of the ball valve and the pneumatic actuator. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with accessories including the magnetic valve, ai...