Influences of Temperature on High Vacuum Butterfly Valve
When high vacuum butterfly valve is used, temperature has great influences on its performance.
High temperature impacts on high vacuum butterfly valve:
When the valve is used in the scope of creep temperature, prestressing force on bolts falls due to flanges, bolts and gaskets loosening. Flange connection may also have the same phenomenon under the condition of temperature gradient. For this, bearing capacity on flange connection may be decreased, resulting in leakage. When temperature rises, especially under pressure of PN1.6 (2.5MPa), leakage may occur on flange connection.
Low temperature impacts on high vacuum butterfly valve:
When temperature is lower than -29℃, tenacity and impact resistance of some materials fall sharply. So, applicable pressure cannot excess than corresponding pressure under the temperature.
Thermal expansion of media influences on high vacuum butterfly valve:
Under some situations, double sealing seat is designed to be able endure two-direction differential pressure on bonnet of neighboring pipes. When bonnet is filled with media, the temperature grows and results in pressure on bonnet increasing. For example, when use isolating valve to test high temperature system of cold hydrostatic test, if the valve is not fully on or partially opened to discharge media on bonnet after test, remained media may be heated when system starts to operate. Nevertheless, customers should require to be provided with design measure or using procedures, so that pressure in valve cannot be higher than pressure of relevant temperature allowed by standards.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- Xinhai is going to participate in the Valve World Conference & Expo 2018
- Xinhai Valve is going to participate in the 11th Valve World Conference 2018 in Germany, and our booth number is 3D01. You are very welcome to come and negotiate valve business with us. Exhibition in...
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valves, mainl...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...