Methods Used to Connect Valves and Pipes
Appropriate connections between valves and pipes have direct influence on possibility of valves leakage.
Connections in common use include flanged connection, wafer connection, butt welding connection, threaded connection, sleeve connection, hoop connection, self-sealing connection, etc.
Two ends of body have a flange which corresponding to flanges on pipe. The valves are installed on pipe by using bolted flanges. Flanged connection is the mostly used for connecting valves. Flanges can be classified into raised face (RF), flat face (FF), male and female face (MF).
Based on the shape of joint surface, flanged connection can be also classified into following types:
1. Smooth type: used for valves having low pressure; easy for processing;
2. Concave -convex type: having high pressure; medium hard gasket can be used;
3. Mortise type: gasket having high plastic deformation; it is wide used for corrosive media, having good sealing;
4. Dovetail groove type: use oval metal ring as gasket; it is used for valves whose pressure higher 64 kilogram per square kilometer or high temperature valves;
5. Lens type: gasket made of metal is processed into lens type; it is used for valves whose pressure higher 100 kilogram per square meter or high temperature valves;
6. O ring type: it is new type of flanged connection, which develops with rubber O ring; it has more reliable sealing than common flat gaskets.
Valves are installed between two flanges. Body generally has location holes for installation and location. It is a method that crosses and mingles directly valves and pipes with bolts.
1. Butt welding connection: Two ends of body are processed into butt welding groove as the requirement of butt welding. Ends correspond to butt welding groove of pipe and valves are fixed to pipe by being welded.
2. Socket welding connection: Two end of body are processed as requirements of socket welding. The valves are connected with pipe through socket welding.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...
- Comparisons of Pneumatic Ball Valves and Electric Ball Valves
- (1) Pneumatic ball valves The pneumatic ball valve consists of the ball valve and the pneumatic actuator. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with accessories including the magnetic valve, ai...
- Usage of Valve Standards in China
- Valve products have been widely applied in petroleum, chemical engineering, nuclear power, metallurgy, electric power, hydraulic power, large coal chemical industry and other industries. Total quantit...
- Innovation, the Future Trend for Pneumatic Control Valve
- Pneumatic control valve plays a vital role in automatic control system of modern factory. The competition is quite intense in pneumatic valve industry in China. The future development trend of pneumat...