Problems Exist on Hard Seal Butterfly Valve
With large programs being put into construction, valves are widely used in power, petroleum, chemical industry, urban supply and drain water system. Particularly, butterfly valves have large usage. So customers are facing with more and more problems when using butterfly valves.
The followings are the problems that exist on hard seal butterfly valve:
1. Multi-level soft and hard folded sealing rings are fixed on the disc. So, when disc is opened, media form positive washing on sealing face. Soft sealing tape in interlayer of metal disc has direct influence on sealing performance, after being washed.
2. Limited by structure, hard seal butterfly valve is not suitable for being used as valve whose diameter bellows DN200. Because the whole structure of disc is too thick and the valve has large flow resistance.
3. Due to three eccentric center, sealing between sealing face of disc and seat is realized by torque on actuator pressing disc to seat. When media flow forward, the higher media pressure is higher, the tighter sealing pressure is. When media flow backward, with media pressure increasing, unit positive pressure between disc and seat is lower than media pressure. Sealing begins to leak out.
At present, China has not established relevant specialized standards for flanges of hard seal butterfly valve. Based on current standard, under the situation that specified standard dimension of flange does not change, bore adopts socket welding. Bores of flanges are the same as nominal dimension, for increasing effective sealing face and providing convenience for installation. It also ensures that valve can be used normally. What the customers should notice that dedicated flanges must be used for pairing when using elastic hard seal butterfly valve, especially pipe flanges which are matched with pressure ring surface of body.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- Xinhai is going to participate in the Valve World Conference & Expo 2018
- Xinhai Valve is going to participate in the 11th Valve World Conference 2018 in Germany, and our booth number is 3D01. You are very welcome to come and negotiate valve business with us. Exhibition in...
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valves, mainl...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...