Structural Features of Flat Gate Valves
Flat gate valves have following structural features:
1. The sealing structure of seat is elastic and equipped with pre-tightening force. The sealing between seat and sealing face is always face-to-face sealing.
2. The seat has self-cleaning performance, and it cannot be washed out directly by media when the valve is on or off. The seat should be made from materials having lubrication and wearing resistance.
3. Obstacles on actuator of flat gate valves cannot impact other parts of valves. Maintenance and repairing can be carried out without tearing down the valves.
4. Body is classified into casting and welding, two type structures.
5. Seat adopts O-ring and floating seat which has been imposed with pre-tightening force, realizing double sealing at inlet and outlet of valves. Torque is only 1/2 of that on common valves, which can open or close valve easily.
6. Sealing face on seat is inlaid with PTFE, having PTFE-to-metal and metal-to-metal double sealing. PTFE sealing face can clean dirt on disc meanwhile.
7. Both disc and seat are dealt with by using special technology and sprayed or welded with cemented carbide, having wearing resistance and realizing double sealing. Disc and seat also can be injected with greases for double sealing, which extend services of flat gate valves.
8. When the valves are fully on, the passage is smooth, having extremely low flow resistance coefficient with few pressure losses.
9. The valves can take off high pressure inside lumen automatically to ensure security when closing.
10. Due to full sealing structure and good protection performance, the valves are suitable for all seasons.
Usage of flat gate valves
Flat gate valves is suitable for being used as transmission pipelines in various industries, including gas, oil, chemical engineering and environmental protection.
Scope of diameter: DN25~1200.
Pressure range: 0.6MPa~15MPa; 150LB~3000LB.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valve, mainly...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...
- Comparisons of Pneumatic Ball Valves and Electric Ball Valves
- (1) Pneumatic ball valves The pneumatic ball valve consists of the ball valve and the pneumatic actuator. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with accessories including the magnetic valve, ai...