The Application of Stainless Steel Valves
For long service life, good rust resistance, environmental protection, stainless steel valves have been widely applied in industry. Stainless steel valves are one of valve products essential for pipes. However, there are still quite few manufacturers in China which can meet the international standards. So, consumers must require suppliers to provide production certificate and factory certificate of valves before purchasing. Consumers also can use spectrograph for detection. Spectrograph has high precision and wide usable range. 304L or 316L valves mainly depend on spectrograph to be test, which can reduce the possibility that buy unqualified products.
Stainless steel valves are generally used for corrosive media, such as pharmaceuticals, oils, liquid metal and radiating media. In those fields, all of materials used for valves have relatively limited corrosion resistance, impacted by other factors. If appropriate processing techniques and heat treatment techniques are adopted, the corrosion resistance can be ensured. However, for concentrated nitric acid whose concentration is higher than 98%, all of steels do not have corrosion resistance no matter what heat treatment techniques are used. Therefore, when choose materials for ball valve, gate valve, globe valve and check valve based on media, concentration, temperature of media and heat treatment on materials which have influences on corrosion resistance should be known so that can choose better materials such as 316L, 904 or titanium.
With petrochemical technology developing and scale expanding constantly, the requirements for stainless steel valves used in petrifaction are higher and higher. Besides continuing improving the quality of conventional valves such as stainless steel globe valve and stainless steel gate valve, especially the demand for stainless steel ball valve which has corrosion resistance is higher, like ethylene cracking facilities, polyethylene units and polypropylene units, PTA units (purified terephthalic acid) for chemical fibers, polyester units and spinning units. So, technologies for corrosion resistance should be developed further.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valve, mainly...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...
- Comparisons of Pneumatic Ball Valves and Electric Ball Valves
- (1) Pneumatic ball valves The pneumatic ball valve consists of the ball valve and the pneumatic actuator. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with accessories including the magnetic valve, ai...