Types of Infiltrants Used to Repair Butterfly Valve
Double offset butterfly valve is widely used in water supply, circulating water of electricity, petroleum, chemical engineering, etc. The common nominal diameter ranges from DN100mm to DN2000mm. The nominal pressure is 0.6MPa~1.6Mpa. In general, double offset butterfly valve is used as regulation or throttle equipments. High strength gray iron and nodular cast iron are used as raw materials. Double offset can separate disc from seat after valves being opened, eliminating over compression and scraping between disc and seat, reducing torque and abrasion, improving service life of seat. During actual processing and using process, cast iron has defects of loose organization and pores, which may result in micro-speeage or leakage. The valves may be scrap without saving.
Aiming at the defects on cast iron, one of the most reliable repairing methods is infiltration which is a micropore osmotic sealing process. The sealing media penetrate into micropore and fill up it through natural permeability, evacuation and inflating. The sealing media inside micropore are solidified to seal the micropore, though cooling or heating. After infiltration, boundary dimensions and materials properties of parts cannot be changed and the acid and alkali resistance have highly been improved.
Types of infiltrants used to repair butterfly valve
The main ingredient of infiltrants is inorganic sodium silicate, added with various inorganic metallic salts, stabilizers, surfactants and packing. Inorganic infiltrants show colloid or suspension. The infiltrants have storage stability, long expiration date and convenient usage. The valves have acid and alkali resistance and high temperature resistance, after being infiltrated by using inorganic infiltrants. The infiltrants are suitable for micropore whose diameter ranges from 0.15mm to 0.5mm and the parts which are used under temperature of 250℃～300℃ for a long time.
Organic infiltrants in common use are methacrylic acid. At present, the second or third generation organic infiltrants having been widely used are Impretech YJ-85C. It does not need catalysts, abluents, curing agents. It becomes a kind of thermosetting plastics after being solidified. The plastic will not be melted or liquefied and discharge from parts when temperature rising. Organic infiltrants has the advantages of high impregnation rate, high efficiency, non-shrink, tough solidification, aging resistance, acid or alkali resistance, steady characteristics, non-pollution. It should be focused to prevent organic infiltrants from losing efficacy due to high temperature. Usage temperature ranges from -50℃ to 200℃. Organic infiltrants are suitable for mircopore whose diameter is less than 0.3mm.
NO.2013 Valves catalog download
View and download valve product literature, sales brochures and more.
read more >>
read more >>
News & Events
- What are Thread Valves?
- A thread valve is the valve with the thread and can be classified into the internal thread valve and the external thread valve. This kind of valve is connected to the pipeline with the threaded connec...
- An Introduction of Swing Check Valves
- A check valve is divided into the swing check valve (rotating around its center of gravity) and the lift check valve (moving along the axis). The check valve is one kind of the automatic valve, mainly...
- 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition
- Event: 2017 China (Zhengzhou) International Water Equipment and Technology Exposition Venue: Central China International Expo Center (No.210, Zheng Bian Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province) Date: 201...
- Comparisons of Pneumatic Ball Valves and Electric Ball Valves
- (1) Pneumatic ball valves The pneumatic ball valve consists of the ball valve and the pneumatic actuator. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with accessories including the magnetic valve, ai...